CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Well, this has been a great week. Our Libby girl turned 7 and had the most magical princess day any 7 year old girl could have. The house was turned into pink and she had breakfast in bed and was so very happy.

We started the second regiment of drugs a week and yesterday went in for the second treatment with both drugs. It was a long day but Amy was with me and we had a good time. I couldn't keep the chair from sliding out and with out long legs Amy and I were in the nurse’s way all day. I guess they need just a little obstacle. The treatment took about 4.5 hours (with a doctor’s visit included). It seems that I gained 13 lbs of water weight this week, so we are going to have to work on that. The doctor said the only way he thought I could have done that was to have a chocolate cake everyday and I don’t remember doing that unless I was asleep and if that happen I certainly didn't get to enjoy it. So it looks like another test on Tuesday to try and see what is going on.

So far so good. I had a little nausea last night, but was grateful for the medication. We go in today for the shot, and then we rest for a while.

Today as I was listening to my chemo tapes it asked to picture those who fight with me. I have to say I was touched as I reviewed the faces of my family and friends who have not left me to fight alone. I received such a warm feeling that I am blessed beyond all measure because of you and your love shown toward me. I know that the Lord has surrounded with the very best and that your love and prayers are building, lifting, protecting and carrying me at times. I could not do this alone, which brings me to Kelly. I will never be able to give, thank or love enough because of his kindness, devotion to me. He has been amazing and so loving and kind. I also must give thanks to his business associates who have given so much to allow Kelly to do what he is doing. They have been amazing. Know that I am grateful for all of you, for your love and fighting spirits.



Sherie

0 comments:

Post a Comment