CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Faith

Sunday, January 29, 2012

To understand the blessings of Sunday, let me turn back the page to Saturday evening. As Bear and I discussed the planned events for Sunday, she mentioned a 6:00 am Stake Council Meeting, a PPI at 8:00 am and Ward Conference at 9:00 am. In my naïve way, I expressed concern about 4 hours of activity in the morning, and Bear simply said, well, I have faith the Lord will sustain me. So of course we both decided to rely on the Lord and did all we could to prepare for the Sabbath, including going to bed early. And then came the miracle. It turned out that Bear slept through the entire night, the first time in many months! Wow. She made the 6:00 am Council and did her presentation, had her 8:00 PPI and enjoyed a wonderful Ward Conference with the Enterprise ward. A restful nap in the afternoon kept her going all day. I returned for our combined Priesthood – Relief Society meeting at 1:00 pm and brought Bear to Church again for Sacrament Meeting to hear Taleisha Rhodes speak before leaving on her mission, and enjoy a powerful talk on having the Spirit of the Lord by remembering the Savior from our good friend Steve Lyon. We enjoyed dinner with family and then a restful Sabbath evening. As the Lord instructs in D&C 123:17, “let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.” We love the Lord!



KelWil

1 comments:

Heidi gail walls said...

I admire your's and Sherie's strength and faith. You both are so very strong. I wish i had the faith and strength in my life that you all have.

Post a Comment