CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rugged Day and Monkey Diets

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

I took my sweetheart into McKay Dee Hospital to have a paracentesis – a procedure to remove water from the abdominal cavity. She gained several pounds over the last few days. Unfortunately, the ultra-sound showed no fluid, so we left disappointed. But later in the day we met with Meredith, our fun PA with the IMC Cancer Center, who prescribed a number of things, including inter alia “Eat one banana every day.” Of course, I refer to it as the monkey diet. The compression stocking and lasix will help her eliminate the water, and the twice daily injections of Lovenox will speed dissolution of the pulmonary embolism. We know the doctors are walking a fine line between thinning Sher’s blood and concern for tumors bleeding. We clearly do not want the latter, so we especially invite your faith and prayers in her behalf. This evening I invited over my good friend and business partner, John Ure, to assist me give Bear a blessing. We felt the power and hand of the Lord! How grateful I am for your faith and prayers, and for wonderful family and friends! It is now my job to make sure Bear has one banana a day.



KelWil

(in case you forgot your latin, I believe inter alia = among other things. But what does carpe diem mean…?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment