CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sherie Porter Wright


1954 ~ 2012

After a courageous battle with cancer, Sherie Porter Wright, 57, passed away peacefully in the loving arms of her sweetheart and surrounded by her loved ones on Saturday, March 10, 2012 at her home in Peterson, Utah.

Sherie was born on April 22, 1954 in Provo, Utah to L. Aldin and Shirley Porter. The eldest of six children, Sherie attended Ricks College and, after serving faithfully in the Anaheim, California Mission, she married Kelly W. Wright on January 4, 1978 in the Idaho Falls Temple.

The quintessential nurturer, Sherie's greatest joy in life came from teaching and loving her children and grandchildren. She delighted in service to her family, friends and community, especially through her work with the Morgan High School Volleyball Team and on the scholarship board. She loved to read, treasured education and believed that happiness and achievement in this life both require hard work.

Sherie manifested her deep love for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His gospel as she daily went about doing good. No matter the pain or sacrifice, she remained dedicated to doing the Lord's will, always seeking to bind wounded hearts and lift up heavy hands, even when weighed down with her own temporal cares. She found great joy through family history work and serving in the temple.

She is survived by her eternal companion, Kelly W. Wright; her seven children and their spouses, Sara Anne and Aaron Fausett, Michael and Diedre Wright, Matthew and Michelle Wright, Thomas Wright, Mark and Jacky Wright, Amanda and Ethan Wilford and Elder Timothy Wright; her eleven grandchildren, Caleb, Elisabeth, Isaac, Palmer, Lucy Belle, Katelyn, Mayli, Madilyn, Juliet, Emma and Ian; her parents, L. Aldin and Shirley Porter; and her siblings and their spouses, Lorie and Ed Watts, Julie and Ralph Powell, Leslie and Blair Scoresby, Brent and Melissa Porter and John and Connie Porter.

Funeral services will be held Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 12 noon at the Morgan North Stake Chapel, 2755 W Old Hwy Road, Morgan. A visitation will be held Wednesday, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Walker Mortuary, 45 West 200 North, Morgan and Thursday at the Morgan North Stake Center from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Interment, Peterson Cemetery.

We are grateful for the outpouring of love from the community and the many offers of help and service we've received. In honor of our beloved wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend, we invite those who wish to help to do as Sherie would and find someone who is lonely, downtrodden or in need of cheer and bless their life with acts of Christlike service. Also, in lieu of flowers, those who wish are invited to donate to the Temple Patron Fund of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

4 comments:

Heidi gail walls said...

Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady.

Lynne said...

My deepest sympathies to the Wright family. Sherie was a wonderful person and it was my privilege to work with her for a short period of time. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I know that you can take comfort that you will all be together again. Your mom is at rest now.
Lynne Fawcett Fishman

Britney said...

Dear Wright Family,
My deepest condolences for the loss of your sweet wife and mother. I hope and pray that you are feeling the loving arms of our Savior providing comfort and strength.
We don't know each other and so I hope you don't mind me commenting. Your mother was friends with Gwen Rich, who was friends with my mother, Theresa Hyde. Gwen had told me about your mother and I linked to your blog from hers. Though we have never met, I feel a deep connection to your family because of our similar circumstances. My mother also passed away from leiomyosarcoma in January of this year. Like your sweet mother, she not only left behind a husband, children, and grandchildren, but a son who is serving the Lord. Her youngest son is serving in the Australia Adelaide mission. My heart goes out to Elder Wright and I will be praying for his peace and comfort like I pray for my own brother's. From what I've read, our mothers where also very similar in their kindness to others and positive attitudes. They were both wonderful, righteous, beautiful Women of God. I imagine, had they had the chance to meet that they would have been great friends. Maybe they have formed a friendship on the other side :)
I hope that you are all doing well and feeling the peace, love, and comfort that comes from our Savior.
Much Love,
Britney Nattress
joeandbritney@msn.com
(Here is a link to my mother's blog in case you are interested myleiomyo.blogspot.com)

Julie said...

I miss you Sherie. You are such a wonderful big sister, and I will be lonely for awhile until I see you again. I love you and your family.(who are spectacular people!) as you know. Love you

Post a Comment